Sunday, April 30, 2006

Dubai, The Growth of an Arab City

I like to see good things happening in the Arab world. This is one of them. Dubai is a city in the United Arab Emirates that is growing tremendously due to its ownership of oil. (I'm bittersweet in my feelings about their growth because it comes at my expense---high oil prices). :( However, I am glad some things are going right in the Arab world. Take a look at these images that show just what kind of projects this city-state has in mind for the future..... If you want one of these islands, apparently the going price is between $6 to $35 million dollars!!!

2 Comments:

At 5/01/2006 11:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful pictures.

However, Dubai is not in Qatar. Dubai is in the United Arab Emirates.

Also, a point of correction...we do not have higher oil prices because of the building in Dubai. Dubai earns only 5% of its gross national product from oil.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

 
At 5/03/2006 09:24:00 PM, Blogger nicolaepadigone said...

thanks for the clarification, that was my bad. i knew it was in the UAE, but I had just made a mistake.

As far as the oil thing....it was more a comment about the growth of the Arab world, and not necessarily specifically about Dubai. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home