Thursday, May 04, 2006

Family and Eternal Life

I was thinking this morning as I was driving to work from seeing my newborn at the hospital with my wife. How profound this birth was, my daughter, Ava Simone. It helps me to ponder more clearly about the purpose of life and the eternities. The creation of life is what eternal life will be about. The afterlife is no place where we just sit as angels singing praises to God. Yes, we will be singing praises to God. Yes, we will be angelic. But that is such a small part of what the afterlife is about. Nothing brings us more joy in this life than the love that comes from a family, from creating life. And that is the key word: creation. God's purpose, His Work and His Glory is to "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." (Moses 1:39) It is an active life. It is a creative life. This is the importance of families. They are eternal, and they are the means for this creation, this process of new life coming into being, of this joy and of this happiness. No other happiness can come close to that of seeing new life created. I can only wonder how happy Heavenly Father is when He sees so many of His children coming alive here on Earth. If He was as happy as I was when Ava was born, and multiply that by the several hundred thousand babies born yesterday, I cannot fathom that happiness. Such joy comes from creating life. Such happiness. This is life eternal. This is true happiness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home