Thursday, May 25, 2006

My response to George Will's "A Vote For English"

George Will writes for the Washington Post and in today's article argued for the usage of the English language as the national language. As I've shown earlier, our official currency has two languages on it. This is my email to Mr. Will:

I am curious if those who seek to make English the national language of America realize what needs to happen. Have you taken a look at the dollar bill lately? What other language is on that bill? Why is it okay to use a "dead language" on our official currency, but we are afraid to use a live and thriving language in our various official papers? I realize you must receive numerous emails, so if you do not reply, it is okay. I just wished someone more influential gave this a thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home